The mikroProg for AVR is a fast in-circuit programmer that supports 92 Atmel AVR devices. The programmer communicates with a PC through a USB cable, from which it also draws power.
Most new device support is achieved simply by downloading the latest version of the AVRFlash software. Occasionally, a firmware update for increased speed and new device classes will be included in the software too. When that is the case, after installing the new version of the software, simply select Firmware Update from the USB menu.
The mikroProg for AVR is supported in mikroElektronika compilers, or can be used as a standalone programming tool with the included AVRFlash software.
For connection with a target device, mikroProg uses an IDC10 connector in the standard 2×5-pin AVR ISP pinout. (The user manual's Figure 4-1 label incorrectly refers to it as a JTAG connector. It is an ISP connector; do not connect this programmer to a JTAG header!)
A nice feature of this programmer is how the ribbon cable goes into the device. It weaves through a slot on the PCB, so tugging on the cable cannot damage the internal connector.
AVR In-Circuit Programmer Supported Devices The mikroProg for AVR supports the following AVR microcontrollers. Newly released MCUs will be supported by new versions of the free AVRFlash software.
- AT90PWM2, AT90PWM216, AT90PWM2B, AT90PWM3, AT90PWM316, AT90PWM3B
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2343, AT90S4433, AT90S8515, AT90S8535
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164P, ATmega164PA, ATmega165, ATmega165P, ATmega168, ATmega168P, ATmega169, ATmega169P, ATmega323, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega324P, ATmega324PA, ATmega32A, ATmega48, ATmega48P, ATmega48PA, ATmega644, ATmega644P, ATmega644PA, ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega88P, ATmega88PA, ATmega8A
- ATtiny12, ATtiny13, ATtiny15, ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB1287, AT90USB646, AT90USB647
- ATmega103, ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega2560, ATmega2561, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega3250P, ATmega325P, ATmega328P, ATmega329, ATmega3290, ATmega3290P, ATmega329P, ATmega32C1, ATmega32HVB, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6, ATmega406, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649, ATmega6490
Package Contents The mikroProg for AVR ships with a USB cable, a DVD-ROM with software and drivers, and printed documentation which also can be downloaded below.