The Gas Sensor Board is designed to work in conjunction with one of the gas sensors listed below (not included), allowing you to determine when a pre-set gas level has been reached or exceeded.
The board is compatible with these sensors: At the bottom of this page, you can use checkboxes to add any or all of those sensors to your order easily.
The gas sensor simply plugs into this Gas Sensor Board, making it easy to use the sensor in an embedded project. The board can be connected to a microcontroller system, allowing the sensor to be controlled and monitored automatically. The interface is made through a 4-pin SIP header and requires two I/O pins from the host microcontroller.
The Gas Sensor Board is intended to provide a means of comparing gas sources and being able to set an alarm limit when the source becomes excessive.
Gas Sensor Board Features
- SIP header interface with 0.1" spacing for easy connection to prototyping boards or extension cables
- Controllable internal heater facilitates accurate measurements
- Low-power standby mode reduces power usage for embedded projects
- Only two microcontroller I/O pins required for operation
- Voltage requirements: 5V DC — also can be used with a 3.3V MCU if you put a resistor (3.9kΩ to 10kΩ) on the ALR output
- Current requirements: ~165mA (heater on), ~60mA (heater off)
- Interface: 1 TTL compatible input (HSW); 1 TTL compatible output (ALR)
- Dimensions: 1.50 × 1.0 × 1.0 inches (38.1 × 25.4 × 25.4 mm)
- Operating temperature: 14 to 122 °F (-10 to +50 °C)
This module is for experimenting with the sensors; it is not designated or approved for any application involving health or human safety. Always perform gas tests in well-ventilated areas.
The sensor will need to be calibrated prior to use. A small flat-head screwdriver is required for this. Follow the instructions in the user manual.
Gas Sensor Board Resources The sensors are not included; their datasheets are provided here for the sake of convenience. Use the checkboxes below to add the sensors to your order.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item