Three selectable full scales (±250/500/2000 dps) Integrated low- and high-pass filters with user-selectable bandwidth Embedded power-down and sleep mode, temperature sensor and FIFO 16-bit value data output; 8-bit temperature data output Integrated temperature sensor helps to compensate for thermal noise in gyroscope readings Ideal for gaming, virtual reality input, motion control, GPS navigation systems, etc.
Gyro Click is an add-on board in mikroBUS form factor. It features the L3GD20 three-axis digital gyroscope module capable of providing angular rate measurement as well as ambient temperature. The L3GD20 has a full scale of ±250 / ±500 / ±2000 dps and is capable of measuring rates with a user-selectable bandwidth. Gyro Click communicates with the target board microcontroller via mikroBUS SPI (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS) or I2C (SDA, SCL), INT and RST lines, selectable via SMD jumpers (in I2C position by default). Another SMD jumper allows you to change to an alternate I2C address (default position is logic 1).
Note: This board is designed to use 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Gyro Add-on Board Resources