This 8051 Advanced Trainer Board is designed for experimenting with the 8051 core architecture. It features an SST89E516RD microcontroller and several different components that you can work with. Use this board for learning about 8051 or as a product design workbench. It comes with all the hardware you should need, including F-F prototyping wires and an in-circuit programmer with USB interface.
Development software for the 8051 is not included.
8051 Training Board Features
- RS232 interface via MAX232 with DB9-F connector
- TSOP1738 38 kHz RC5 IR receiver
- Light sensor (LDR)
- LM35 temperature sensor
- Three analog inputs via presets (potentiometers)
- All I/O port pins available via headers
- Four-digit 7-segment LED display
- DS1307 Real-Time Clock chip, plus CR2032 socket for battery backup
- 24C256 EEPROM
- Eight LEDs
- Two relays
- Four user buttons
- ADC0804LCM 8-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter with potentiometer and external 0-5V analog input
- 4×4 matrix keypad
- ULN2803 stepper motor driver
- LCD with two 16-character lines
- L293D DC motor driver
The board's peripherals are not connected to the microcontroller. Each peripheral section has male header pins that are used to connect the desired peripheral to the appropriate microcontroller header pins. This gives you the flexibility to decide for yourself which microcontroller pins to use for what function. A pack of 20 prototyping wires is included. You can purchase more using the options at the bottom of this page.
Note that the DS1307 RTC and 24C256 EEPROM are I2C-based devices, but the SST89E516RD does not have built-in I2C lines, so your code must use a bit-bang method to establish an interface with those devices.
8051 Training Board Package Contents
You will need a USB cable for the programmer, and a 9V DC power supply. You can add those to your order by checking the Optional Recommended Products below.
- Main board assembled and tested, with SST89E516RD microcontroller
- One 16×2 LCD that plugs into the main board
- USB programmer for the SST89E516RD
- 6-pin to single-pin interface for connection between the USB programmer and the main board
- Pack of 20 Female-to-Female connection wires
Download EM-8051-Trainer User Manual and Schematics (board now comes with SST89E516RD microcontroller and not the P89V51RD2 mentioned in the user manual)
Optional Recommended Products for this Item