With this module you can easily connect development boards that have a UEXT port to industrial networks with RS485 interface, metering instruments, etc.
MOD-RS485-ISO uses the Texas Instruments ISO35T transceiver providing a full-duplex RS485/RS422 interface with 3000V galvanic isolation. This module can be used to convert RS232 signals into RS485/RS422 signals. The board comes with 10-pin cable for the UEXT connection. This module is an excellent choice for conveying information over long distances, allowing error-free data transmission.
A Microchip PIC16F1503 MCU controls the input signals for the board and leads them to the transceiver. The board has an ICSP connector in case you ever need or want to update the firmware.
Isolated RS485/RS422 Add-on Module Features
- ISO35T isolated 3V RS485 transceiver
- 3000VRMS / 4242VPK Isolation
- Signaling rates up to 1 Mbps
- Full-duplex RS485 available through screw terminals
- Jumpers to select half-duplex mode (remove jumpers for full-duplex operation)
- Jumper to control I2C address reception
- RESET button
- ICSP/ICD connector for uploading new firmware to the PIC16F1503 if required (e.g. with PIC-KIT3)
- FR-4, 1.5 mm, soldermask, component print
- Dimensions: 58 × 30 mm (2.3 × 1.2")
UEXT Connector The UEXT connector provides a solderless way to connect this module to a system with a microcontroller. There are dozens of microcontroller systems and development boards that can connect to this module via UEXT using the supplied cable. Click on the architectures below for lists of compatible boards:
Isolated RS485/RS422 Add-on Module Resources