UCAB232i is a USB-to-RS232 converter with 5 kVolt galvanic isolation. It uses the FT232R chip by FTDI which ensures the best compatibility with most industrial and commercial applications. Unlike cheaper converters, UCAB232i implements all RS232 control signals, ensuring compatibility with any RS232 device. Drivers are available for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Windows CE / Windows Mobile.
USB-to-RS232 Converter Features
- Full RS232 implementation
- Inputs with improved immunity to interference; suitable for industrial applications
- High communication speed (more than 500 kbaud typically; at least 250 kbaud guaranteed)
- Unrivaled galvanic isolation:
5000V DC / 1 sec.
2600V AV / 1 min.
560V RMS / no limit
- Enhanced ESD protection of all inputs:
±15 kV air discharge HBM
±8 kV contact discharge HBM
- Extended temperature range: -40 to +85 °C
- Enhanced durability to environmental influences
- USB 2.0 Full Speed (12 Mbps)
- Receive/Transmit LEDs
- Tested under Windows and Linux (for OEM application, proprietary ID can be used)
- Small, compact enclosure
The UCAB232i ships with a CD-ROM containing drivers for Windows. For Windows 7, drivers should be downloaded automatically when you connect UCAB232i to a USB port, and kept up to date automatically too. Linux kernels 2.6.31 and above have drivers built in. For other operating systems, or if you need to update the drivers manually, you can download drivers from the FTDI VCP Drivers Page. UCAB232i uses the default FTDI VID (0x0403) and PID (0x6001). FTDI's FT_PROG utility can be used to change the VID and PID for OEM application.
The UCAB232i does not include screw locks on the DB9M connector. This allows it to be used with devices for which the presence of screw locks would prevent connection. If you absolutely do require screw locks, contact us about making a special order of UCAB232i with them included.
Download UCAB232i User Manual