This prototyping board kit allows you to design your own Arduino shield that will have a chip with up to 28-pin SOIC footprint at the heart of it. Space for an SOT23-6 packaged chip is provided as well. The board features patented Schmartboard|ez technology to make soldering surface-mount devices easy. Your SMT part will sit in grooves that hold it in place, and solder is already in the grooves. So all you need to do is put a chip in the grooves, apply flux, and use a small enough soldering tip.
The Arduino header pads are R3 compatible, and provided in both the Arduino offset and "corrected" 0.1-inch pitch. This allows you to make your shield compatible with either or both the official and third-party Arduino systems.
This kit contains Arduino R3 stackable headers, LEDs, buttons, capacitors and resistors that are typical for Arduino shields, so you only need to provide the components required for your custom design.
Arduino Shield Prototyping Board Features
- 1.27mm-pitch SOIC footprint for prototyping
- SOT23-6 footprint for prototyping
- Pads for on-board Arduino reset button
- Additional Push-Button switch circuit
- 5V/GND rail for easy connection
- 3.3V/GND rail for easy connection
- Pads for two general-purpose LEDs
- Pads for optional pull-up resistors (Through-Hole or SMD) for I2C
- Three spare 0805 footprints
- Surface-mount bypass footprints available on the bottom side
Arduino Shield Prototyping Kit Contents As well as the PCB itself, this kit includes the following.
Standard Components These are components that are pretty much required for any Arduino shield.
- Two single-pin male headers, through-hole
- Two LEDs, red, through-hole
- Two 1×8 0.1"-pitch stackable female headers, through-hole
- One 1×6 0.1"-pitch stackable female header, through-hole
- One 1×10 0.1"-pitch stackable female header, through-hole
- Two 1k Ohm resistors, through-hole
- One push-button switch, through-hole
Reset Circuit Components These components also are included, but you only need them if your shield will have a reset circuit.
- Push-button switch, through-hole
- Capacitor, 0.1 µF 0805, surface-mount
- Resistor, 1k Ohm 0805, surface-mount, black color coded
- Single-pin male header, through-hole
Arduino Shield Prototyping Kit Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item