This prototyping board allows you to design your own Arduino shield that will have a chip with up to 28-pin SOIC footprint at the heart of it. Space for an SOT23-6 packaged chip is provided as well. The board features patented Schmartboard|ez technology to make soldering surface-mount devices easy. Your SMT part will sit in grooves that hold it in place, and solder is already in the grooves. So all you need to do is put a chip in the grooves, apply flux, and use a small enough soldering tip.
The Arduino header pads are R3 compatible, and provided in both the Arduino offset and "corrected" 0.1-inch pitch. This allows you to make your shield compatible with either or both the official and third-party Arduino systems.
This is a bare board only. All connectors, buttons, resistors, capacitors, ICs, etc., must be purchased separately.
Arduino Shield Prototyping Board Features
- 1.27mm-pitch SOIC footprint for prototyping
- SOT23-6 footprint for prototyping
- Pads for on-board Arduino reset button
- Additional Push-Button switch circuit
- 5V/GND rail for easy connection
- 3.3V/GND rail for easy connection
- Pads for two general-purpose LEDs
- Pads for optional pull-up resistors (Through-Hole or SMD) for I2C
- Three spare 0805 footprints
- Surface-mount bypass footprints available on the bottom side
Arduino Shield Prototyping Board Resources
You also can purchase this board in a kit with components which contains all the parts in the above Bill of Materials except for the one marked in green.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item