Netduino is an open-source electronics platform using the .NET Micro Framework. Featuring a 32-bit STM32F405RG microcontroller and a rich development environment, it is suitable for engineers and hobbyists alike. With Netduino, the world of microcontroller programming is at your fingertips. Netduino is designed to enable both personal projects and sophisticated commercial endeavors.
This Netduino GO! has four times the speed, six times the code space, and twice the available RAM of any other Netduino. It features eight 2×5-pin headers with 0.05" pitch for adding plug-and-play expansion modules. Two ribbon cables are included: one 5 cm long and one 10 cm long. As well as Netduino-specific GO!Bus modules, you also can use up to two Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer S/U/X modules (one Gadgeteer module may use up an entire "channel", leaving four GO!Bus sockets available, as the eight sockets are distributed between two channels).
Netduino GO! Features Virtualized I/O — You simply pick what you need and plug it in. Each expansion module has its own MCU that works with the main board. STM8S and STM32F are good choices to use if you want to design your own module.
Code. Debug. Repeat. — .NET Micro Framework combines the ease of high-level coding and the features of microcontrollers. Enjoy event-based programming, multi-threading, line-by-line debugging, breakpoints and more.
Design files included. — Netduino is an open-source electronics platform. Design files and source code are included. Learn from the designs. Remix. Enjoy the freedom of open source.
Very expandable. — Official and third-party accessories offer pre-built functionality like LED, Potentiometer, Button, Buzzer, Displays, Relays. An adapter for Arduino shields is available too.
Netduino GO! Hardware Specifications The image to the right shows the GO!Bus connector pinout from the perspective of an expansion module.
- 32-bit ST STM32F405RG ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller, 168 MHz, with 384KB for code storage and 100+KB RAM
- All 8 sockets can support GO!Bus modules
- Alternatively, up to 2 sockets can be used for Gadgeteer S/U/X modules (or 1 Gadgeteer and 4 GO!Bus modules)
- Powered through micro-USB port
- Power output: 5V DC and 3.3V DC switched
- Digital I/O are 3.3V but are 5V tolerant
- Max current: 25 mA per pin
- Microcontroller max current: 125 mA total (estimated)
- Operating temperature: 0 to +70 °C (32 to +158 °F)
- Power LED (white)
- Eight blue LEDs (one per GO!Bus socket)
- Button to activate bootloader (hold on boot), or can be used as GPIO input
Netduino GO! Software
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Up to 3 GB hard drive space for Visual Studio Express 2010
Mac OS and Linux
- Parallels — Serial deployment and partial USB support. Requires copy of Windows in virtual machine.
- VMWare Fusion or Oracle VirtualBox — Serial deployment and partial USB support. Requires copy of Windows in virtual machine.
- Experimental Mono (native) support — Future native Mac OS and Linux support provided by experimental open-source project.
Netduino GO! Resources
Development Environment Install these three in the order shown here.
Bundle Package Available The Netduino GO! Starter Kit is available which contains this board plus the Arduino Shield Base interface, the RGB LED module, the Button module, the Potentiometer module, all the ribbon cables required to connect them, and a micro-USB cable.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item