Netduino is an open-source electronics platform using the .NET Micro Framework. Featuring a 32-bit AT91SAM7X512 microcontroller and a rich development environment, it is suitable for engineers and hobbyists alike. With Netduino, the world of microcontroller programming is at your fingertips. Netduino is designed to enable both personal projects and sophisticated commercial endeavors.
This Netduino Mini shares the same form factor as the popular BASIC Stamp 2 modules.
Netduino Mini Features Input. Output. Create interfaces with switches, sensors, LEDs, serial devices, and more. Netduino combines 16 GPIOs with SPI, I2C, UART, 4 PWM and 4 ADC channels.
Code. Debug. Repeat. .NET Micro Framework combines the ease of high-level coding and the features of microcontrollers. Enjoy event-based programming, multi-threading, line-by-line debugging, breakpoints and more.
Design files included. Netduino is an open-source electronics platform. Design files and source code are included. Learn from the designs. Remix. Enjoy the freedom of open source.
You can program Netduino Mini via its RS232 port (pins 1 and 2) or via its 3.3V TTL UART port (pins 11 and 12). By default, Netduino Mini uses the RS232 port for programming/debugging (and the UART is available as a serial port for your code). To program/debug via the 3.3V TTL UART instead, open up a serial connection (using Putty/HyperTerminal/TeraTerm/etc.) to the TTL UART at 115200,N,8,1 and press Escape. Then select the port youd like to use for program/debug.
Netduino Mini Hardware Specifications
- 32-bit Atmel AT91SAM7X512 ARM7 microcontroller, 48 MHz, with 152KB for code storage and 64KB RAM
- All 16 digital and analog pins can be used as GPIO
- Pins 1-3: RS232 RX, TX, DTR
- Pin 4: GND
- Pins 5-8: AD0-AD3
- Pins 9-10: I2C SDA, SCL
- Pins 11-12: UART1 TX, RX
- Pins 14-16: SPI MOSI, MISO, SPCK
- Pins 17-20: PWM0-PWM3
- Pin 21: 5V DC regulated (input/output)
- Pin 22: /RESET
- Pin 23: GND
- Pin 24: 7.5V to 12.0V DC (input)
- Digital I/O are 3.3V, but are 5V tolerant
- Pins 5-8 max current: 2 mA per pin
- Pins 11-12 max current: 16 mA per pin
- Other pins max current: 8 mA per pin
- Microcontroller max current: 200 mA total
- Operating temperature: -40 to +85 °C (-40 to +185 °F)
Netduino Mini Software
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Up to 3 GB hard drive space for Visual Studio Express 2010
Mac OS and Linux
- Parallels Requires copy of Windows in virtual machine
- VMWare Fusion or Oracle VirtualBox Requires copy of Windows in virtual machine
- Experimental Mono (native) support Future native Mac OS and Linux support provided by experimental open-source project
Netduino Mini Resources
Development Environment Install these three in the order shown here.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item