The DS100B-SK is a starter kit containing the DS100B, a U.S. power supply, a DB9M-to-DB9F serial cable, a DB9F-to-DB9F null modem serial cable, an Ethernet crossover cable, and a straight-through Ethernet cable.
The Tibbo DS100B is a Serial Device Server that connects any existing serial device to an Ethernet (TCP/IP) network externally. The DS100B features a compact and stylish design and a universal RS232/422/485 serial port (available through a single DB9M connector; interface selection by DIP switch).
Note that there are no RS485/RS422 terminators inside the DS100B.
Internally, the DS100B Serial Device Server is based on the Tibbo EM100 Ethernet Module.
10Mbps Ethernet to Serial (RS232/422/485) Device Server Features
The serial port lines available are as follows:
- Dimensions: 95 × 57 × 30 mm
- Power requirements: 12V DC, approx. 80mA
- One 10BaseT Ethernet port
- One RS232/422/485 port (see below)
- RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR lines can be used as remotely controlled I/O
- Four LEDs display status information (two on side; two on top)
- Two internal 510-Byte routing buffers
- On-board EEPROM stores numerous user-definable functioning parameters (Setting)
- Supported network protocols include UDP, TCP, ARP, ICMP (PING), DHCP, PPPoE, and LCP
- Setup can be performed through the serial port or network (over-the-network IP-address configuration is also supported)
- Specialized "on-the-fly" commands for serial port control, "modem" commands to control network connections, status commands for remote status monitoring, etc.
- Direct control of ADSL modems
- Internal firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
- Supplied with Tibbo Device Server Toolkit for Windows, including Virtual Serial Port Driver (COM redirector)
- Linux version of the VSPD is also available
- CE- and FCC-approved
RS232 mode: RX, TX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR
RS422 mode: TX+/-, RX+/-, RTS+/-, CTS+/-
RS485 mode: TX+/-, RX+/-
View a video of the Tibbo Connection Wizard showing how to create a Virtual Serial Port and link it with the Device Server.
If you want to get one of the DB9-to-Terminal adapters shown in the options below, the normal version (as opposed to inverted) is recommended as it will make the terminal connections face up and be more easily accessible.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item