This device plugs into a 40-pin socket in place of an 8051 microcontroller, allowing you to perform in-circuit debugging operations. The WICE-52 adopts OCD (On-Chip-Debug) technology from Megawin. It is compatible with Keil's 8051 IDE debug simulation interface and supports Single Step, Full Speed, Pause, and Reset functions of on-chip debugging.
Note that the software needed to perform these functions is not included.
8051 Emulator Features
- Dimensions: 70 × 23 × 15 mm. You can insert it into the 8051 socket of your PCB and connect to your PC via USB cable.
- Communication and power via mini-USB connector.
- Debug and Emulate functions support standard MCS-51 series ICs whose ROM is under 64K Bytes.
- For 1T MCUs, commands can be conducted within 1-3 clock and up to 24 MIPS. If you want to emulate 4T or 12T 8051 IC, you must be aware of clock differences and of delay settings.
- Power Monitor is embedded. When VDD is under voltage, it will interrupt or reset.
- Works using Keil 8051 IDE software interface. The Debug function is applied to Keil IDE dScope-Debugger. It is compatible with Keil's µVision2 or µVision3.
(Note: Keil 8051 IDE software is not included.)
- Powerful debug function: Single Step, Full Speed, Pause, Reset, etc.
- Programmable interrupts; you can insert 4 interrupts at one time.
- When used with the Leap uP-2 Experimental Board, this makes a great 8051 trainer.
8051 Emulator Specifications This emulator is based on the Megawin MPC82G516 microcontroller.
|Function ||Description ||Specification |
|Internal RC oscillator||Does not need external oscillator||6 MHz (1T) |
|Quartz clock||Built-in quartz clock selection||12/22 MHz (1T) |
|RAM||Internal + Extended SRAM||256+1K (XRAM) |
|ROM||Internal / External (bytes)||64K / 64K |
|I/O port||2-way I/O pins||32, 36 or 40 |
|Interrupts||For peripheral work||14 interrupts |
|EXINT||External Interrupts||4 |
|Timer/Counter||16-bit counters||3 sets |
|WDT||Watchdog Timer||Supported |
|UART||Asynchronous serial ports||2 sets |
|SPI||Serial peripheral interface||Yes |
|ADC||10-bit analog-to-digital||8 channels |
|PCA||PWM with Capture||6 sets |
The core chip of the WICE-52 has a high-performance 1T framework. When using early 4T/ 6T/ 12T 8051 devices, you must pay attention to the clock setting and delays. Due to the 1T framework, the quartz crystal only needs 24 MHz (max.) to achieve 24 MIPS performance. This is much higher other 8051 devices of 4T framework which work at 40 MHz with only 10 MIPS performance. The quartz crystal is embedded in the WICE-52, and common clock is 12 MHz / 22 MHz.
The WICE-52 chips with a USB cable and a CD-ROM with user's manual.
Lead time: 1 week