The mikromedia PROTO Shield is an extension board for all standard-sized mikroElektronika mikromedia boards (not the larger mikromedia+ or mikromedia 5 series) or clicker 2 boards. It enables you to place components and provide additional functionality to the base board. PROTO Shield has convenient double rows of connection pads, so you can connect desired pins to the breadboard area easily. Pin names are silkscreened on both sides of the board. The soldering pads have standard 2.54mm distance between them. PROTO Shield comes with two 1x26 stacking headers for connecting to your mikromedia board.
The lower picture shows what it will look like when the PROTO Shield is attached to a mikromedia board.
mikromedia PROTO Shield Features
- VCC and GND lines available on sides of breadboard area
- Additional connection pins for easier and cleaner connections
- Breadboard area can be used for placing additional components
- Standard 2.54mm distance between connection pads in the breadboard area
- Compatible with standard mikromedia boards (i.e. without the + sign or the 5)
- Compatible with clicker 2 boards
- Simple integration using provided male and female 1×26 connectors
Compatible boards This shield is compatible with the smaller range mikromedia boards that have a green PCB: This shield also is compatible with clicker 2 microcontroller boards.