Data communication rates up to 115.2 kbaud Includes UART-to-IrDA standard bit encoder/decoder functionality Talks to IrDA-compliant transceivers with 1.63µs transmit/receive format Low power consumption Integrated IrDA stack ensures easy, effortless communication
IrDA2 Click is an accessory board in mikroBUS form factor. It features an MCP2120 infrared encoder/decoder placed between the UART and the TFDU4101 infrared (IR) optical transceiver. The modulation and demodulation method is performed in accordance with the IrDA standard. Its TFDU4101 diode is an infrared transceiver module compliant with the latest IrDA physical layer standard for fast infrared data communication. The board features an SMD jumper for selecting whether it will be operating on 3.3V or 5V power supply (default position is 3.3V).
The IrDA2 Click board is ideal for wireless infrared data communication with PC remote controls for home appliances and other devices.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.