The EM500EV-G development system provides for convenient testing and evaluation of the EM500 miniature Serial-to-Ethernet Module which is programmable in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C. The board features a standard RJ45 socket with 100BaseT magnetics, LEDs, 1MB SPI Flash, WiFi module, WiFi antenna, reset button and a serial port. The kit ships with a 12V, 500mA switching power supply with U.S. plug.
The EM500 is the first of the Tibbo MiniMo series, designed to be mounted vertically and fit behind a standard RJ connector jack.
Miniature Programmable Serial-to-Ethernet Module Features
- Based on a second-generation ASIC (T2000).
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port.
- One serial port (CMOS-level):
- Baudrates of up to 460800bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
- 512KB flash memory for firmware and application.
- 200 bytes of EEPROM space for data storage.
- 8 general-purpose I/O lines (including 2 interrupt lines).
- Control lines for two external dual-function status LEDs.
- Additional control line for a dedicated Ethernet link LED.
- External reset source required.
- Power: 260mA @ 3.3V (100BaseT mode).
- "Vertical slice" construction; dimensions: 18.5 x 16.0 x 6.5mm.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network (including "cold start" firmware uploads through the network).
- Wi-Fi interface using plug-in GA1000 (module and antenna included).
- Flash drive with 1MB SPI Flash IC.
Miniature Programmable Serial-to-Ethernet Module Programming
- Sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions).
- Net — controls Ethernet port.
- Ser — controls serial port (UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes).
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts.
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM.
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data).
- Pat — "plays" patterns on up to five LED pairs.
- Button — monitors MD line (setup button).
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality.
- Wln — handles Wi-Fi interface.
- Fd — manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access.
Function Groups String functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions, and hash calculation functions (md5 and sha1).
Variable Types Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
Miniature Programmable Serial-to-Ethernet Module Documentation Click on the blue book icon to the left of the EM500 line to open individual topics in each online manual.
View a video showing how to turn EM500 into a device server
RS232 Support Notes This version of the EM500 Evaluation Kit has a limited RS232 interface, supporting only RX, TX, CTS, RTS (i.e. not DSR and DTR). If you need full RS232 support with DSR and DTR lines, you can purchase the EM500EV instead. You will sacrifice the WiFi and SPI Flash drive, however.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item