The STK300-DRAGON kit includes the STK300 AVR development board and AVR-DRAGON in-circuit debugger & programmer.
This kit allows debugging and programming of almost all AVR devices in 64-pin packages, e.g. ATmega128, ATmega1281 and ATmega2561. It comes with an ATmega128L on a plug-in header module, and an in-circuit programmer/emulator that is compatible with both AVR Studio 4 and AVR Studio 5. Complete instructions, sample code and books are included on CD.
The STK300 is specifically for larger (64-pin) AVR microcontrollers. Unless you have a project in mind that needs the extra I/O pins, larger code space and features of the ATmega128L, then you may find the STK200-DRAGON kit more suitable. The STK200-DRAGON has DIP sockets to support 8-, 20-, 28- and 40-pin AVR microcontrollers (it comes with a 40-pin ATmega16).
AVR Development Kit Features
- AVR Dragon ICE, complete with leads, adapters and instructions
- Comes with AVR Studio 4 AVR Development Environment
- Supported by new AVR Studio 5, available as free download
- STK300 AVR Development Board with socket support for mounted 64-pin AVR microcontrollers
- STK300 has UART, LED, switches, ADC, LCD and keypad interfaces
- Includes CD books on AVR and Embedded C programming
- Sample code, AVR datasheets and instructions
- AVR Dragon can power STK300 board; no extra power supply needed
- Kit comes with mounted ATmega128L device
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 (32- and 64-bit)
AVR Studio 4 is a very good development environment, and comes with the WinAVR C Compiler plugin to make working in C really easy. The kit has instructions for connecting hardware and running it from AVR Studio. The hardware connections are the same for AVR Studio 5, and it has full instructions for both AVR Studio 4 and AVR Studio 5.
The Get Going with AVR book and the Embedded C book cover the basics of the AVR and how to write code in assembly language or C. The sample code supplied covers all the major concepts, including UART, LCD and keypads. Manuals, schematics and instruction guides are also included in the kit.
- AVR-DRAGON emulator and programmer tool
- ISP, JTAG, DebugWire and power leads
- USB cable
- STK300 board with mounted ATmega128L
- Software CD with datasheets, AVR Studio, C Compiler, books, sample code, instructions, schematics and user documentation
See the options below for different AVR microcontroller header boards that can be installed on the STK300 board, including blank boards onto which you can solder your own AVR MCU.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|AVR ATmega 64-pin QFP Adapter Board, STK300 blank||+|| US$15.00|
|STK300 ATmega128L-8AI Board, 3V||+|| US$25.00|
|STK300 ATmega128-16AI Board 5V||+|| US$25.00|
|STK300 ATmega2561V Header Board, 1.8V to 5.5V||+|| US$32.00|
|STK300 ATmega2561 Header Board, 3.3V to 5.5V||+|| US$32.00|
|STK300 ATmega64 Header Board, 5V||+|| US$24.00|
|24LC256-I/P Serial EEPROM, 8 DIP, 32k||+|| US$1.28|
|7-Segment LED Display Add-on for STK200, STK300, PIC-BOARD||+|| US$11.00|
|16 x 2 Alphanumeric LCD Module||+|| US$21.00|
|Keypad Add-on: 4 x 4, 8-pin||+|| US$9.90|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|