These 64-pin devices are only available in TQFP surface-mount packages, which makes them tricky to use in development. This header board has a ATmega2561 microcontroller mounted on a PCB with standard 0.1-inch pitch headers for easy access to all pins. It can be used on its own or will plug straight into an STK300 AVR microcontroller development board.
ATmega2561 Microcontroller Features
- CMOS 8-bit microcontroller
- 256K Bytes of In-System Programmable Flash
- 4K Bytes of In-System Programmable EEPROM
- 8K Bytes of SRAM
- Analog Comparator
- Timers and Real-Time Counter
- Programmable Serial USARTs
- 16 channel, 10-bit ADC
- PWM channels
- 16 MHz with most instructions running at 1 instruction/clock cycle
- Voltage Range 3.3V - 5.5V
- Frequency up to 16 MHz (4.5V to 5.5V; otherwise max 8 MHz)
This module also is available with the low-voltage version of the chip, which can operate down to 1.8V.