Advanced programming, sensor management, and physics strategies to optimize your SumoBot's performance in the competition ring.
This 260-page Stamps in Class text shows you how to test and refine the performance of your SumoBot Robot in the mini-sumo wrestling competition ring as you add these techniques to your robotic skills toolbox. The book builds on concepts first learned in Robotics with the Boe-Bot.
If you don't already have the hardware, you can purchase the SumoBot Competition Kit to get this book with two SumoBots, a competition ring and additional components.
Applied Robotics with the SumoBot Topics
- Physics — free-body diagrams evaluate static and dynamic friction in the ring
- Self-calibrating sensors — programming techniques make real-time adjustments
- Memory optimization — with multipurpose variables and a byte-variable sensor flag register
- Data logging — record a match in EEPROM for performance analysis
- State Machine diagrams — for sensor-based navigation
Applied Robotics with the SumoBot Resources
Hours to completion: 30
Level of Difficulty (out of 10): 8