Build and program a BASIC Stamp controlled robot that uses touch, light, and infrared sensors independently to navigate in its environment.
This popular robotics text introduces motor control and real-world interfaces for your robot to avoid objects, follow light, and provide sound and light feedback.
This book does not include any hardware. This is the book by itself, in case you want an extra copy or a replacement copy. If you're starting from scratch, you should purchase the Boe-Bot Robot Kit which includes this book, all the parts to build the robot chassis, plus the BASIC Stamp Board of Education and BS2-IC CPU module required to control the robot.
If you already have the BASIC Stamp board and module but want to build a Boe-Bot, you can purchase the Boe-Bot Parts Kit separately, as well as this book.
Robotics with the Boe-Bot Textbook Activities
- Your Boe-Bot Robot's Brain
- Your Boe-Bot's Servo Motors
- Assemble and Test Your Boe-Bot Robot
- Boe-Bot Navigation
- Tactile Navigation with Whiskers
- Light-Sensitive Navigation with Photoresistors
- Navigating with Infrared Headlights
- Robot Control with Distance Detection
Robotics with the Boe-Bot Textbook Resources
Hours to completion: 40
Level of Difficulty (out of 10): 5