The Milone 12110215TC-12 eTape Liquid Level Sensor is a solid-state sensor. Output resistance varies depending on the surface height of the fluid. It's primarily designed to be used in water, non-corrosive water-based liquids, and dry fluids (powders). It does away with clunky mechanical floats, and easily interfaces with electronic control systems.
The eTape sensor's envelope is compressed by the hydrostatic pressure of the fluid in which it is immersed. This results in a change in resistance that corresponds to the distance from the top of the sensor to the surface of the fluid. The sensor's resistive output is inversely proportional to the height of the liquid. The lower the liquid level, the higher the output resistance; the higher the liquid level, the lower the output resistance. Due to its internal geometry, the resistance value can change by height level increments of 1/32 inch (0.79 mm).
Liquid Level Sensor Features
- Solid-state sensor; no moving parts
- Thin unobtrusive design can be used where other sensors may not fit
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) substrate
- Gold-plated solder tabs
- Power requirements: Up to +5V DC
- Active Sensor Length: 12.4 inches (315 mm)
- Communication: Resistive Output (2250Ω empty; 400Ω full; ±10%)
- Connector: Crimpflex Solder Tabs
- Dimensions: 1 × 14.3 × .015 inches (25 × 363.2 × .381 mm)
- Operating temperature: 15 to 140 °F (-9 to +60 °C)
Liquid Level Sensor Resources