The X-Band Motion Detector operates in the X-band frequency, specifically at 10.525 GHz, and indicates detected movements with oscillations in its high/low output.
This module's GH100 miniature microwave motion sensor is a common ingredient in security systems and automatic door openers, and can detect movements in a room, yard, or even on the other side of a wall. When the Enable pin is held high or left floating, the device takes brief, periodic, low-power Doppler radar measurements. The frequency of the Output pin's high/low signal oscillation corresponds to the speed of the motion.
A potentiometer allows you to adjust sensitivity, offering direct line-of-sight detection from roughly 8 to slightly over 30 feet (about 2.4 to 9+ meters).
X-Band Motion Detector Specifications
- Operation frequency of 10.525 GHz
- Able to detect motion through walls and windows
- More immune to false triggers than passive infrared motion sensors
- Active-high enable pin with internal pull-up resistor
- Trim potentiometer for manually adjustable sensitivity
- 4-pin SIP header for breadboard or through-hole prototyping
- Built-in series resistor for compatibility with the Propeller microcontroller and other 3.3V devices
- Plated test point hole for monitoring pre-comparator signal
- Power supply requirement: regulated 5V DC, 8 mA
- Communication: High (3.9V) / low (0V) signal oscillates with motion
- Dimensions: 1.8 × 1.75 × 0.75 inches (46 × 45 × 19 mm)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 131 °F (0 to 55 °C)
Note: These modules are not FCC approved. They are designed to comply with FCC Part 15 Rules and Regulations. They are not in a finished product form. They are intended for experimental purposes only. If you wish to use these modules in an actual product (i.e. a non-experimental capacity), the module first must be designed into the product, then your whole product must be approved by the FCC.
X-Band Motion Detector Resources