The µOLED-96-G2 is a compact and cost-effective display module using state-of-the-art Passive Matrix OLED (PMOLED) technology with an embedded GOLDELOX graphics processor that delivers ‘stand-alone’ functionality to any project. Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and other features are built into the GOLDELOX chip that delivers stand-alone functionality to any project.
Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and more features are built inside the GOLDELOX chip. The module is designed to work out of the box as a serial slave device or for you to write code in 4DGL (a high-level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop4 IDE (editor, compiler and downloader).
4DGL is a graphics-oriented language allowing you to write applications in a high-level language with syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal. The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analog, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices.
The GOLDELOX processor on the display module can be re-programmed with different ‘Personality Module Micro-Code’ (PmmC) files for updates and future proofing. This process requires the use of a USB converter that uses the DTR signal to pulse the Reset line on the processor. Two USB-to-Serial converters that can plug directly into this module are available from the "Optional Recommended Products" list below.
OLED Graphics Display Module Features
- Low-cost OLED display graphics user interface solution
- 96 × 64 resolution, 65K colors, PMOLED screen
- 0.96” diagonal size, 32.7 × 26.7 × 5.7 mm
- Active Display Area: 20 × 14 mm
- No back lighting needed, with near 180° viewing angle
- Easy 10-pin interface to any external device: 3.3V out, IO2, GND, IO1, Reset, GND, RX, TX, +5V, 5V out
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX graphics processor highly optimized for 4DGL, the high-level 4D Graphics Language
- 2× GPIO ports (IO1, IO2) support:
• Digital I/O
• A/D converter with 8/10-bit resolution
• Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
• Multi-switch joystick, buttons
• Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of Flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 × 16-bit vars)
- Serial TTL interface with auto-baud feature (300 to 600K baud)
- On-board microSD memory card adapter for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64MB to 2GB microSD memory cards as well as microSDHC cards of 4GB and up (a memory card is not included)
- Comprehensive set of built-in high-level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more
- Display full-color images, animations, icons and video clips (without audio)
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts)
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply); nominal 5.0V
- Overall module dimensions (including corner plates): 32.7 × 23 × 12.5 mm
- Weight: about 5.5 grams
- Includes back plate with four 3mm holes for mounting
Three different usage methods The 4D Systems Workshop 4 IDE supports multiple development environments, to cater for different user requirements and skill level.
By default, the module will come ready for Serial usage. You can change environments or customize the serial firmware using one of the optional USB-to-Serial converters and the Workshop 4 IDE software.
- The Designer environment enables you to write 4DGL code in its natural form to program the display module.
- The ViSi visual programming experience enables drag-and-drop placement of objects to assist with 4DGL code generation and allows you to visualize how the display will look.
- The Serial environment is provided to transform the display module into a slave serial display module, allowing you to control the display from any host microcontroller or device with a serial port. Serial libraries are available for C, Pascal, PicAxe, and Arduino.
OLED Graphics Display Module Resources
View a video of this display in action (older board revision but same display).
Can be used with Arduino and Raspberry Pi You can connect this display to an Arduino or Raspberry Pi system using adapters that you can add to your order by selecting the checkboxes in the options below.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item