The Compass Module with 3-Axis HMC5883L magnetometer is designed for low-field magnetic sensing with a digital interface. This compact sensor fits into small projects such as UAVs and robot navigation systems.
The sensor converts any magnetic field to a differential voltage output on three axes. This voltage shift is the raw digital output value, which then can be used to calculate headings or sense magnetic fields coming from different directions.
3-Axis Magnetometer Board Features
Note: For tilt compensation, you will need to use an accelerometer along with this module. See the application notes below for details on tilt compensation.
- Measures Earth's magnetic fields
- 3-axis magnetoresistive sensor
- Wide magnetic field range (±8 gauss)
- 1 to 2 degree compass heading accuracy
- Precision in-axis sensitivity and linearity
- I²C digital Interface
- 160 Hz maximum output rate
- Designed for use with a large variety of microcontrollers with different voltage requirements
- Power requirement: 2.7V to 6.5V DC
- Operating temperature: -22 to +185 °F (-30 to +85 °C)
- Dimensions: 0.725 × 0.650 inches (1.8 × 1.7 cm)
3-Axis Magnetometer Board Resources