This kit supplies nearly everything you would need to build a multi-directional robot, with enough PING))) modules to cover 360 degrees of object detection. All you need to supply is power, a brain of your choice, and programming to get it around.
The pun in the name refers to the fact that nearly all the parts in this kit are made in the USA. The Robot Base Full Kit can be assembled in less than two hours. In order to program this robotics platform, you will need to include your own microcontroller development board.
Assembled MadeUSA Kit
MadeUSA Robot Kit Features
- 18-inch diameter round robot base provides zero-turn radius
- Pre-drilled mounting locations for two motor bearing blocks
- Pre-drilled mounting locations for up to 10 Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensors and Protector Stands
- Pre-drilled mounting locations for two caster wheels
- Under-carriage battery pack mount location for 12V 7Ah batteries (designed for Power-Sonic PS-1270 or PS-1272 sealed lead-acid batteries)
MadeUSA Robot Kit Contents This kit does not come with any documentation or software. Use the links provided below for documentation and example code available for each individual component of the kit.
Motor Wheel Kit with Position Controllers (two wheels) Right- and left-hand 12V DC motors, rubber tires and tubes, aluminum wheels, axles and bearing blocks. Position controller assemblies feature a PCB, encoder disk, 3-pin connection cable, and mounting screws.
10 PING))) Ultrasonic Range Finders These provide precise, non-contact distance measurements within a range of 2 centimeters up to 3 meters.
Two Caster Wheel Kits Two assemblies, each with two pneumatic rubber tires, which mount on aluminum swivel blocks.
Robot Base Kit - Black Precision machined HDPE baseplate with pre-drilled mounting holes. Features a laser-cut 0.25-inch thick acrylic battery shelf. While sturdy, the HDPE plate also can be drilled and cut easily for your custom requirements.
Two HB-25 Motor Controllers Maximum 0.5 HP (no minimum), supplied from 6V to 16V DC. Load current: 25A continuous, 35A surge (at 13.8V). Each motor includes a cooling fan.
10 PING))) Protector Stands Machined aluminum mounting brackets for the ultrasonic range finders.
10 Servo Extension Cables 14-inch extension cables with 3-pin single-row female connectors, 0.1" spacing.
What You Must Supply
- A processor board of your choice, and the programming to make the robot work. In other words, the hardware and software that will make up your robot's brain.
- Wiring and a power switch to hook up your robot's brain.
- A 12V, 7Ah sealed lead-acid battery. Recommended: Power-Sonic PS1270 or PS1272.