This kit with lab book features breadboards, components, and the PropStick USB module that has a built-in Propeller microcontroller, EEPROM, regulator, crystal and USB programming interface. The PropStick USB allows you to get your project up and running with minimal wiring time.
If you do want to get down to the nitty-gritty level and learn to wire all those support components to the microcontroller itself, you can get a version of this kit with separate CPU, EEPROM, and support components. Of course, this will increase your project build time and decrease available breadboard space.
The Propeller Education Series is designed for those with previous microcontroller programming and electronics experience. If you are new to programming and electronics, we recommend the BASIC Stamp Activity Kit.
Propeller Education Kit Features
- Propeller Education Kit Labs: Fundamentals Book — A comprehensive series of labs covering Setup and Testing, I/O and Timing, Methods and Cogs, Objects, and Counter Modules and Circuit Applications.
- PropStick USB — a Propeller microcontroller module with EEPROM program memory, voltage regulator, oscillator and socket, reset button, and USB mini-B connector for programming and bi-directional PC communication. It has all the components you need; just connect power and the programming cable, and it's ready to go.
- USB A to Mini-B Cable — Connects the PropStick USB to your PC for programming and bi-directional communication.
- PE Kit Project Parts — All the parts you'll need to work through the Startup and Fundamentals labs in the Propeller Education series, chosen with students' needs and budget in mind. Selected to demonstrate Propeller circuit design and programming concepts, it provides a solid components foundation as well as a launch pad to more advanced topics and specialized kits.
- Interconnecting Breadboards — Three breadboards and four power rails interconnect and provide plenty of space to build the PE Platform and projects. Featuring extra sockets right where you need them, these quality boards make it easy to keep both simple and complex circuits well organized. With the Propeller and system electronics in the middle of the PE Platform, project circuits can fan out from I/O pins to breadboards on either side and terminate at the outer power rails.
- Plastic Storage Box with adjustable compartments for your PE Platform project, parts, and room for a few extra tools as well. Great for organization, storage, or even transport in a backpack
Complete Kit Contents
- Propeller Education Kit Labs: Fundamentals textbook
- Plastic box with compartments
- PropStick USB microcontroller module
- Three Breadboards with 12×30 sockets, 3.19" × 1.65"
- Four Breadboard power rails with 2×24 sockets, 3.19" × 0.5"
- Twenty-one 100 ohm Resistors, 1/4W
- Four 1 k-ohm Resistors, 1/4W
- Eight 10 k-ohm Resistors, 1/4W
- Three 100 k-ohm Resistors, 1/4W
- Four 2 k-ohm Resistors, 1/4W
- Eight 220 ohm Resistors, 1/4W
- Four 470 ohm Resistors, 1/4W
- 4.7 k-ohm Resistor, 1/4W
- Two 10 k-ohm Potentiometer
- Four 100 pF Capacitors, mono radial
- Four 0.1 µF Capacitors, poly
- Four 0.1 µF Capacitors, mono radial
- 1 µF Capacitor, electrolytic
- Two 10 µF Capacitors, electrolytic
- 1000 µF Capacitor, 6.3V, electrolytic
- 0.47 µF Capacitor, 25V, electrolytic
- Three Green LEDs
- Two Infrared LEDs
- Two Red LEDs
- Two Yellow LEDs
- Two Phototransistors
- Two Infrared Receivers
- Two Infrared Phototransistors
- Two LED Standoffs
- Two LED Light Shields
- Four Pushbuttons, normally open
- Two 3-pin male/male headers
- 2-pin male/male header
- Dual Op-Amp IC, 8-pin DIP
- 9V battery clip with 2-pin female header (battery not included)
- 5V Regulator, for 5V peripheral circuits; can be daisy-chained with 3.3V regulator for higher supply input and/or higher current output
- Nine 10-packs of 3" Jumper Wires
- Two Piezo Speakers
Propeller Education Kit Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item