The PropStick USB is a rapid development tool for the powerful 8-cog multiprocessing Propeller microcontroller. The flexibility of a 40-in DIP package is combined with the convenience of an on-board Propeller P8X32A-M44, EEPROM, voltage regulator, removable 5 MHz crystal, reset button, and USB interface. This module is ready for rapid protoyping use in a breadboard, perfboard with wire-wrap, or in a 600 mil 40-pin socket soldered to a PCB.
Propeller Overview The Propeller chip makes it easy to develop embedded applications rapidly. Its eight processors (cogs) can operate simultaneously, either independently or cooperatively, sharing common resources through a central hub. You have full control over how and when each cog is employed; there is no compiler-driven or OS-driven splitting of tasks among multiple cogs. A shared system clock keeps each cog on the same time reference, allowing for true deterministic timing and synchronization. Two programming languages are available: the easy-to-learn high-level Spin, and Propeller Assembly which can execute at up to 160 MIPS (20 MIPS per cog).
PropStick USB Features
- P8X32A-M44 Propeller chip
- 32kB 24LC256-I/ST EEPROM
- FTDI FT232RG and mini-USB connector
- USB data transfer indicator LEDs
- 5 MHz crystal in a socket
- 3.3V 500mA voltage regulator
- Reset pushbutton switch
- Power requirements: Regulated 6-9V DC
- Communication: USB-to-Serial interface for programming and bidirectional communication
- Dimensions: 2.0 × 0.6 × 0.45 inches (51 × 16 × 12 mm)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)
PropStick USB Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item