The C3 is a true "Credit-Card–sized Computer" that augments the Propeller chip with a number of on-board peripherals to facilitate large-scale and complex applications.
Designed in cooperation with Nurve Networks LLC and André LaMothe, the Propeller C3 application platform is ready to support a wide array of peripherals. It is ideal for industrial control, monitoring systems, high-level languages, robotics, gaming, and more.
The C3 was designed to be compatible with other Propeller-based development boards, so porting applications is a snap. Additionally, the C3 uses a novel SPI bus design that allows all the on-board peripherals to be accessed with a single SPI bus (3 signals) along with chip-select logic (2 signals) that supports up to eight devices in total. Thus, the I/O impact of all the on-board peripherals is minimal.
Propeller C3 Board Features
Warning: Never connect USB and external power at the same time!
- Multi-core Propeller P8X32A-Q44 with 5 MHz socketed crystal (can be upgraded for over-clocking experiments)
- 64 KB Propeller boot EEPROM holds boot image plus 32 KB extra for data
- Supports USB or external wall adapter power sources
- Dual high-current 1.5A, 3.3/5V voltage regulators with heavy filtering
- VGA port with multiplexing logic to reuse I/Os
- RCA Video/Audio ports for NTSC/PAL composite video
- PS/2 port for keyboard or mouse
- 1 MB SPI Flash memory
- 2-channel Microchip MCP3202 SPI A/D converter with 12-bit resolution
- Two Microchip 32K × 8-bit SPI SRAMs
- microSD card with SPI interface
- 2×16 headers exporting generous I/O and system signals
- Four 3-wire servo port headers to drive servos directly from the Propeller
- Ultra-compact credit-card–sized PCB footprint: 3 × 2.175 inches (75.9 × 55.2 mm)
- Four break-away mounting tabs, removable if not needed
- Open-source hardware & software design
- Power requirements: 7.5–12V DC, 300+ mA on 2.1mm center-positive supply, or power via high-power USB (hub port preferred)
- Communication/Interface: USB, GPIO, microSD card
- Operating temperature: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Propeller C3 Board Resources
The Propeller C3 also is available in a full kit that comes with an enclosure and the optional prototyping add-on board.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item