GPIO32 is an accessory board that allows the implementation of an additional 32 GPIO to be controlled from a single port on an I/O 24 board, i.e. Ether-IO-24R, Ether-IO-24-DIP, Ether-IO24-PIC-R, Ether-IO24-PIC-DIP, USB-IO-24R, or USB-IO-24-DIP.
The board consists of two MCP23S17 GPIO expanders, which are split up into four 8-bit ports (2 ports per MCP23S17). The four 8-bit ports use the same hardware configuration as the I/O 24 range. Communication to the GPIOs is via the SPI interface of the I/O 24 module which is implemented in the firmware. For further information on implementing the SPI interface, please refer to the user manual of the I/O 24 module you'll be using.
The connection between the I/O 24 module and the GPIO32 board is via a 30 cm IDC connection cable. This cable is provided with the board. Note that the cable does not plug directly into the DIP versions of the I/O 24 boards; you will have to wire those yourself.
The board has been designed to a 72mm standard width so that it can be mounted easily in DIN rail mounting modules.
GPIO Expander Board Features
- 2x MCP23S17 GPIO expander ICs
- 4x I/O ports matching configuration of I/O 24 port
- Hardware-addressable pins for each SPI device
- Easy connection to the I/O port via 10-way box header
- 72mm standard width for DIN Rail modules
- Dimensions: 40 × 72 × 11 mm (DIN Rail mountable with adapter)
Download GPIO32 Board Datasheet