This accessory board allows the implementation of an analog interface to I/O 24 boards, i.e. Ether-IO-24R, Ether-IO-24-DIP, Ether-IO24-PIC-R, Ether-IO24-PIC-DIP, USB-IO-24R, and USB-IO-24-DIP.
The board consists of an 8-channel 10-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (MCP3008) and a 12-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter with two buffered outputs (MCP4922). Communication to the A/D and D/A converters is via the SPI interface of the I/O 24 module which is implemented in the firmware. For further information on implementing the SPI interface, please refer to the user manual of the I/O 24 module you'll be using.
The eight channels of the A/D, two channels of the D/A, and all the VREF voltages are connected to screw terminals for easy access. These screw terminals will accept cables 0.5mm to 2mm. The connection between the I/O 24 module and the Analog I/O board is via a 30 cm IDC connection cable. This cable is provided with the board. Note that the cable does not plug directly into the DIP versions of the I/O 24 boards; you will have to wire those yourself.
The board has been designed to a 72mm standard width so that it can be mounted easily in DIN rail mounting modules.
Analog I/O Board Features
- 8-channel 10-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (MCP3008)
- 12-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter with 2 Buffered Outputs
- Screw Terminal Blocks for Analog Inputs and Outputs
- Easy connection by 10-way box header to suit standard IDC connector for connection to the I/O port
- 72mm standard width for DIN Rail modules
- Dimensions: 40 × 72 × 11 mm
Download Analog I/O Board Datasheet