The Board of Education "Full Kit" contains a Board of Education carrier board, a BASIC Stamp 2 module, 10 pluggable jumper wires, and a USB cable.
The Board of Education Full Kit is a concise package of all the hardware you need to begin building projects with the BASIC Stamp microcontroller. Everything you need is included except for a power supply, components and parts to build projects. So if you plan to purchase specific parts separately or if you have a workshop full of LEDs, resistors, capacitors, sensors, etc., then this is the right kit for you.
It's called the Board of Education Full Kit since the BOE board is the main feature and houses the BASIC Stamp 2 module (also included). The BOE carrier board is capable of being used in a wide variety of applications. Originally designed for education, this board is now implemented by the a wide spectrum of consumers. The convenient hook-ups, 3-position power switch, and the overall solid workmanship make it a very reliable platform for any 24-pin BASIC Stamp and Javelin Stamp application.
Each set of Stamps in Class educational guides requires a BASIC Stamp 2 module with a Board of Education programming board, both of which are included in this kit. Even if you aren't using the SiC curriculum, the ease of use and expandability make the BOE an ideal project board for BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller experimentation or instructor-authored BASIC Stamp lessons.
BASIC Stamp Board of Education Features
- Can be powered by external power supply (6V to 9V DC) or 9V battery (neither is included)
- Mechanically interlocked power supply connectors prevent accidental connection of both power sources simultaneously
- mini-USB connector for BS2-IC programming and serial communication during run time
- P0 - P15 I/O pins, Vdd and Vss connections brought adjacent to 1.375 × 2 inch (35 × 51 mm) breadboard area
- Female 10-pin dual-row connector for optional hardware, leaving more breadboard space
- On-board regulator delivers up to 1 Amp of power for larger projects
- Jumper selection of servo power: regulated (Vdd) or unregulated (Vin)
- Three-position power switch allows various powering options for programming without providing power to servo connectors
- Dimensions: 3.75 × 2.75 inches (95 × 70 mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 185 °F (0 to 70 °C)
Daughterboard Adapter Available If you connect a DB-Expander, you can add one of several ready-made daughterboards to your project. See that page for details.
BASIC Stamp Board of Education Resources
Starter Kit Available If you're just getting started, you may want to consider the BASIC Stamp Discovery Kit which includes this Board of Education with a BS2-IC module, plus the 350-page What's a Microcontroller? textbook and several electronics components for you to follow the lessons in that book, as well as a 500-page BASIC Stamp Syntax & Reference Manual.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item