This Parallax TCS3200 Color Sensor Daughterboard plugs into the 2×6 connector found on the MoBoStamp-pe, the Propeller Backpack, the Spinneret Web Server, and the DB-Expander. It is a complete color detector, including a TAOS TCS3200 RGB sensor chip, white LEDs, collimator lens, and standoffs to set the optimum sensing distance. The TCS3200-DB can detect and measure a nearly limitless range of visible colors. Applications include test strip reading, sorting by color, ambient light sensing and calibration, and color matching, to name just a few.
The TCS3200 has an array of photodetectors, each with either a red, green, or blue filter, or no filter (clear). The filters of each color are distributed evenly throughout the array to eliminate location bias among the colors. Internal to the device is an oscillator which produces a square-wave output whose frequency is proportional to the intensity of the chosen color. Read the documentation below and check out the Color Matching Demo for more detailed information.
The board comes with standoffs and screws for mounting.
Color Sensor Daughterboard Features
- TAOS TCS3200 color sensor
- Focusable lens: providing a sharply-defined field of view
- Two current-regulated white LEDs for illumination
- Power requirements: 5.0V DC for LEDs; 3.3V DC or 5V DC for logic
- Communication: parallel RGB addressing; frequency output for color data
- Dimensions: 1.35 × 1.35 × 1.18 inches (35 × 35 × 30 mm)
Color Sensor Daughterboard Resources