The BASIC Stamp 2p40 serves as the brains inside of electronics projects and applications that require a programmable microcontroller. It is able to control and monitor timers, keypads, motors, sensors, switches, relays, lights, and more. Programming is performed in an easy-to-learn language called PBASIC.
All vital components (processor, clock source, memory, power regulator) are provided on the BS2p40's tiny PCB; just connect power and go.
The BS2p40-IC is useful for those who have previous experience with the BS2 and would like more program speed, more variable space, more program space, more I/O pins, or built-in support for character LCDs and the I2C and 1-Wire protocols; for example, LCDIN / LCDOUT, I2CIN / I2COUT, OWIN / OWOUT and POLLIN / POLLOUT / POLLMODE / POLLRUN / POLLWAIT (see the BASIC Stamp Syntax & Reference Manual for details).
BASIC Stamp 2p Module Features
- Processor Speed: 20 MHz Turbo
- Program Execution Speed: ~12,000 PBASIC instructions/sec.
- RAM Size: 38 Bytes (12 I/O, 26 Variable)
- Scratch Pad RAM: 128 Bytes
- EEPROM (Program) Size: 8 × 2 KBytes; ~4000 PBASIC instructions
- Number of I/O Pins: 32, +2 dedicated serial
- Current Draw @ 5V DC: 40mA Run, 350 μA Sleep
- Source/Sink Current per I/O: 30 mA / 30 mA
- Source/Sink Current per unit: 60 mA / 60 mA per 8 I/O pins
- 61 PBASIC Commands
- Package: 40-pin DIP
- Power Requirements: 5.5V to 12V DC (Vin), or 5V DC (Vdd)
- Communication: Serial (9600 baud for programming)
- Dimensions: 2.20 × 0.63 × 0.15 inches (55.9 × 16.0 × 3.81 mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 158 °F (0 to 70 °C)
BASIC Stamp Overview A BASIC Stamp microcontroller is a single-board computer that runs the PBASIC language interpreter in its firmware. Your code is stored in an EEPROM, which can also be used for data storage. The PBASIC language has easy-to-use commands for basic I/O, like turning devices on or off, interfacing with sensors, etc. More advanced commands let BASIC Stamp modules interface with other integrated circuits, communicate with each other, and operate in networks.
BASIC Stamp 2p40 Module Resources