The DS1014C has the same features as the DS1004 with the addition of GPRS capability. The wireless connectivity means that you can build fail-safe control systems that switch communication types automatically. For example, if Ethernet goes out, it can switch to GPRS.
With high-precision A/D and D/A channels, the DS1014C is a great fit for measurement and control applications in the fields of building automation (e.g. HVAC), process automation, lab work, etc.
Unlike many "remote I/O" products, the DS1014C's capabilities are not limited to just relaying I/O data to a central server. Programmability in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C means that you can create systems where intelligent decisions are made in real time by the DS1014C itself.
The capabilities of the DS1014C are further expanded by two low-power relays and one simple RS232/485 port. This port can be used for connecting an auxiliary serial device, a card or barcode reader, or even additional DS10xx devices.
The DS1014C comes pre-loaded with an open-source Remote I/O Application for remote control/monitoring of the device's A/Ds, D/As and relays through a web browser or through Tibbo's AggreGate device management system. This application can be customized easily for any functionality desired.
Analog I/O Controller Features
- Dimensions: 91 × 104 × 99 mm (excluding secondary cover)
- Extruded-profile aluminum body
- IP68 compliant (when used with secondary cover)
- Operating temperature -30 to +80 °C
- CE and FCC certified
- 8 A/D inputs (24-bit resolution)
- 4 D/A outputs (14-bit resolution, voltage/current outputs)
- 2 low-power relays (1A / 24V DC)
- 1 RS232/485 port
- 8 status LEDs
- Based on the EM1000
- Includes Telit GC864 GPRS modem
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- 1024KB Flash for firmware, application, and data storage
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage
- RTC with back-up supercapacitor (approx. 6 days); 40-bit with 128Hz increments
- Clock frequency: 88.4736 MHz with PLL on; 11.0592 MHz with PLL off
- Built-in buzzer (6 Hz to 221184 MHz)
- 11 status LEDs
- Power: 10-18V
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
Analog I/O Controller Programming
- Sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions)
- Net — controls Ethernet port
- Ser — in charge of serial channels
- Ssi — up to 4 serial synchronous interface channels (for SPI, I2C...)
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- Rtc — keeps track of date and time
- Fd — manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- Pppoe — access to internet over an ADSL modem
- Ppp — access to internet over a serial modem (GPRS, landline)
- Pat — "plays" patterns on five status LED pairs
- Beep — generates buzzer patterns
- Button — monitors the setup button
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality
- Strings functions (27 in total)
- Date/time conversion functions (8)
- Encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1)
- ...and more
- Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
Analog I/O Controller Package Contents
- DS1014C unit
- GPRS antenna
- Waterproof kit with secondary cover, cable glands, screws
- DMK1000 DIN rail mounting kit
- TB1004 test board
- DB9F-DB9M straight-through serial cable for firmware upgrades
Optional Recommended Products for this Item