The Wellon GP204S is a special lower-cost variant of the GP204 universal gang programmer. While this version supports over 78,100 devices in PC-hosted mode same as the GP204, it supports only about 30,600 devices in standalone mode. So if your device is one of those supported for standalone mode on this version or if you are not planning on using standalone mode anyway, you can save $1800.
The programmer includes a power supply, in-circuit programming leads, and a USB cable for connection to your PC. It comes in a study suitcase for storage and transportation.
View PC-hosted Mode supported devices list View Standalone Mode supported devices list
This programmer has security features to protect against IP espionage. You can set up a passkey sequence that must be entered to begin programming, and can set it to require a passkey sequence after a set number of successful programming operations. Thus you can keep track of exactly how many parts were programmed versus how many you have in production.
The programmer is designed using state-of-art hardware architecture with on-board high-speed CPU, RTOS, FPGA, CPLD, and high-quality universal pin drivers. The universal pin drivers can route programmable precision signals, GND and CLK to any pin. An FPGA provides full I/O signals (from 1.8V to 5V) up to 48 pins. This makes the programmer truly universal: Both current and future 5V and low-voltage devices are supported. Different devices in the same package share one adapter. For example, the only QFP44 adapter (WL-TQFP44-U1) supports all MCUs, PLDs and memory. All DIL devices are supported directly with the standard ZIF48 socket.
Manufacturer-approved algorithms, precision and clean signals promise high programming yield. Algorithm waveform is generated by hardware offering 0.01V programming voltage resolution and 1 microsecond timing resolution. Special design was made to eliminate overshoot and ground bounce. Algorithms are performed with state machine architecture constructed with FPGA to achieve an ultra-high programming speed.
Insertion and continuity checks are performed before programming to protect devices from damage due to operator error. Over-current and over-voltage protection is enacted to each pin to protect the programmer hardware from damage due to bad chip short circuit and ESD.
The included in-system programming adapter's 10 flying leads are all labeled, so you can be sure that you're putting the correct wire on the correct pin when you need to program your devices in circuit.
GP204S Universal Gang Programmer Features
Note: To run on a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must set Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in your Advanced Boot Options.
- Dimensions: 480 × 240 × 80 mm. Weight: 4.7 Kg
- 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 9V/0.6A power adapter included
- Four independent 48-pin ZIF sockets with universal pin drivers
- Programming modules work asynchronously so new devices can be inserted while others are being programmed
- USB2.0 interface to connect to PC or laptop
- Keypad and blue LCD screen for standalone operation (display in English or Chinese)
- Project file can be stored internally, so you don't need to reconnect a PC each time
- Passkey sequence can be set for project files and production volume control, to ensure nobody steals your code
- Accepts standard file formats: JEDEC, Intel (Extended) Hex, Holtek, EMC (.cds), Intel Hex16, Motorola S Record
- Accepts most compiler outputs in JEDEC format including ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer and ISDATA
- Manages 16- and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Features Test Vector capability and multi-array fuse map editor
- Test TTL/CMOS logic ICs and Dynamic/Static Random Access Memory devices
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Automatically identifies manufacturer and type of E(E)PROMs, and TTL/CMOS logic IC
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Supports 1.8V low-voltage devices
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available (up to 400 pins)
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Software supports English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, and Hungarian
Example Programming Speeds
- P89c58: 1.9 seconds
- 29F040: 11.7 seconds
- K9F2808U0A: 99 seconds
- MX25L3205: 53 seconds
Software Features The software is comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development.
The programming software also allows you to modify the parameters of a programming algorithm, so that you can program devices that aren't yet supported, if you know their correct parameters.
- SELECT device includes package information, adapter type, part number, description, etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible Verify options, including VCC+/-10%
- Blank check, Erase, Program, verify, Auto Program, buffer edit and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
The programming software can be downloaded for Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit).
- PROM: N/CMOS E(E)PROM, SeriesE(E)PROM, and FLASH Memory
- PLD: CPLD, EPLD, GAL, PEEL, PALCE and more
- Microcontrollers: Atmel, Intel, Microchip, Signetics, Zilog, etc.
The device support lists linked to above also tell you which socket adapter is required for each different package of a device. The Wellon Package Adapters are available separately.
Download User Manual for Wellon Programmers