The Wellon VP-390 universal programmer supports over 19,400 devices, including AVR, PIC and other microcontrollers, EEPROMs, plus PLDs and Flash memory. It includes a power supply and a USB cable for connection to your PC.
View Supported Devices List
The programmer is designed using state-of-art hardware architecture with on-board high-speed CPU, RTOS, FPGA, CPLD, and high-quality universal pin drivers. The universal pin drivers can route programmable precision signals, GND and CLK to any pin. An FPGA provides full I/O signals (from 1.8V to 5V) up to 48 pins. This makes the programmer truly universal: Both current and future 5V and low-voltage devices are supported. Different devices in the same package share one adapter. For example, the only QFP44 adapter (WL-TQFP44-U1) supports all MCUs, PLDs and memory. All DIL devices are supported directly with the standard ZIF48 socket.
Manufacturer-approved algorithms, precision and clean signals promise high programming yield. Algorithm waveform is generated by hardware offering 0.01V programming voltage resolution and 1 microsecond timing resolution. Special design was made to eliminate overshoot and ground bounce. Algorithms are performed with state machine architecture constructed with FPGA to achieve an ultra-high programming speed.
Insertion and continuity checks are performed before programming to protect devices from damage due to operator error. Over-current and over-voltage protection is enacted to each pin to protect the programmer hardware from damage due to bad chip short circuit and ESD.
VP-390 Universal Programmer Features
Note: To run on a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must set Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in your Advanced Boot Options.
- Dimensions: 168 × 98 × 23 mm. Weight: 265 g
- 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 9V/0.6A power adapter included
- 48-pin ZIF socket
- USB interface to connect to PC or laptop
- Accepts standard file formats: JEDEC, Intel (Extended) Hex, Holtek, EMC (.cds), Intel Hex16, Motorola S Record
- Accepts most compiler outputs in JEDEC format including ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer and ISDATA
- Manages 16- and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Features Test Vector capability and multi-array fuse map editor
- Test TTL/CMOS logic ICs and Dynamic/Static Random Access Memory devices
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Automatically identifies manufacturer and type of E(E)PROMs, and TTL/CMOS logic IC
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Supports 1.8V low-voltage devices
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available (supports up to 44 pins)
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Software supports English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, and Hungarian
Example Programming Speeds
- P89c58: 1.9 seconds
- 29F040: 11.7 seconds
Software Features The software is comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development.
The programming software also allows you to modify the parameters of a programming algorithm, so that you can program devices that aren't yet supported, if you know their correct parameters.
- SELECT device includes package information, adapter type, part number, description, etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible Verify options, including VCC+/-10%
- Blank check, Erase, Program, verify, Auto Program, buffer edit and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
The programming software can be downloaded for Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit).
- PROM: N/CMOS E(E)PROM, SeriesE(E)PROM, and FLASH Memory
- PLD: CPLD, EPLD, GAL, PEEL, PALCE and more
- Microcontroller: Atmel, Intel, Microchip, Signetics, Zilog, etc. IC TEST:
- TTL (74 series), CMOS (40/45 series) Logic ICs
- DRAM (4164, 41464 ...), SRAM (2114, 6116 ...) memory devices
The device support list linked to above also tell you which socket adapter is required for each different package of a device. The Wellon Package Adapters are available separately.
Download Wellon Programmer User Manual