Implements ISO-11898 standard physical layer requirements Up to 112 nodes can be connected Supports 1 Mb/s operation Screw terminals for easy connectivity; power LED; node termination jumper
CAN SPI click 5V is an accessory board in mikroBus form factor. It is the best solution to add CAN connectivity to your microcontroller with SPI interface. The board features a Microchip MCP2551 CAN transceiver circuit which provides a CAN serial communication physical layer in accordance with the ISO 11898 standard. Designed for operation in especially harsh environments, these devices feature cross-wire protection, loss-of-ground and over-voltage protection, over-temperature protection, as well as wide common-mode range. The SPI interface is provided via a Microchip MCP2515 controller.
This board uses 5V power supply only. To add CAN SPI function to a 3.3V system, see the CAN SPI Click 3.3V board.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, these mikromedia shields, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
CAN Bus Add-on Board Resources