RS485 Click 5V is an accessory board in mikroBus form factor. The on-board Analog Devices ADM485 differential line transceiver is suitable for high-speed bi-directional data communication on multipoint bus transmission lines. It is designed for balanced data transmission and complies with EIA standards RS-485 and RS-422. This transceiver features a differential line driver and differential line receiver. Node termination jumpers allow you to set whether the board is the first, last, or a middle node on the RS485 network.
This board uses 5V power supply only. To add RS485/RS422 function to a 3.3V system, see the RS485 Click 3.3V board.
This board is suitable for low-power RS485 systems, DTE/DCE interface Packet switching, Local area networks (LANs), Data concentration, Data multiplexers, Integrated services digital network (ISDN), and more.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
RS485/RS422 Add-on Module Resources