This kit includes a sensor for just about every job. With everything included in this kit, you'll be able to sense acceleration, distance, compass heading, vibration, humidity, movement, ambient light, temperature, and more.
Sensor Kit Contents
- HMC5883L Triple-Axis Magnetometer Board — An accurate, simple-to-use digital magnetometer with an I2C interface.
- MMA8452Q Triple-Axis Accelerometer Board — Senses acceleration along all three axes, with a range of up to ±3g. Fully analog interface.
- ITG-3200 Triple-Axis Gyro Breakout Board — Senses angular velocity along three axes of rotation. Fully digital interface with a range of up to ±2000°/s.
- Large Piezo Vibration Sensor with Mass — A flexible film able to sense for vibration, touch, shock, etc. When the film moves back and forth, an AC wave is created with a voltage of up to ±90.
- Reed Switch — Senses magnetic fields, makes for a great non-contact switch.
- 0.25" Magnet Cube — Plays nicely with the reed switch. Embed the magnet into stuffed animals or inside a box to create a hidden actuator to the reed switch.
- 0.5" Force Sensitive Resistor — A force-sensing resistor with a 0.5"-diameter sensing area. Great for sensing pressure (e.g. if it's being squeezed).
- PIR Motion Sensor — Easy-to-use motion detector with an analog interface. Power it with 5-12V DC and you'll be alerted of any movement.
- Maxbotix LV-EZ1 Ultrasonic Rangefinder — Distance sensor with both analog and RS232 interfaces, providing sonar range information from 6 to 254 inches. (Warning: PCB has Christian religious symbols on it.)
- HTU21D Humidity Sensor — A high-precision humidity sensor with an analog output.
- IR Receiver Breakout Board — An analog interfaced IR receiver, sensitive to a wide range of IR waves. Great for 'listening' to TV remotes.
- Mini Photocell — The CdS photocell will vary its resistance based on how much light it's exposed to. Will vary from 1kΩ in the light to 10kΩ in the dark. Non-RoHS.
- QRD1114 Optical Detector/Phototransistor — An all-in-one infrared emitter and detector. Ideal for sensing black-to-white transitions or detecting nearby objects.
- MPL3115A2 Altitude/Pressure Sensor — Low-power, high-precision barometric pressure sensor with I2C output.
- Flex Sensor — As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Useful for sensing motion or positioning.
- SoftPot — Very thin variable potentiometer. By pressing on various positions along the strip, you vary the resistance.
- Pack of 20 Resistors, 10KΩ, 1/6W — These PTH resistors make excellent pull-ups, pull-downs, and current limiters. The picture above shows only one of these resistors.
- 2x Resistor, 1MΩ, 1/6W — Like the above resistors, these have ±5% tolerance. The picture above shows only one of these resistors.