Connect Shield is an extension board for all standard mikromedia boards (not the larger mikromedia+ or mikromedia 5 series) or clicker 2 boards. It allows you to establish connections between your mikromedia board and the surrounding electronics easily. The board has high-quality screw terminals for making connections to each pin quickly and without soldering. This is especially convenient in prototype development, but also enables you to integrate the mikromedia board as a final product. A prototyping breadboard area is also available for placing additional components and expanding the base functionality of your mikromedia with custom features. The board comes with two 1×26-pin female sockets that you can solder to the shield to facilitate connection with another board.
The lower picture shows what it will look like when the Connect Shield is attached to a mikromedia board. A mikromedia board is not included. See below for a list of mikromedia boards.
mikromedia Connect Shield Features
- VCC and GND lines available on sides of prototyping area
- Prototyping area can be used for placing additional components
- Additional connection pins for easier and cleaner connections
- Standard 2.54mm distance between connection pads in the breadboard area
- Compatible with all mikromedia boards (i.e. without the + sign or the 5)
- Compatible with clicker 2 boards
- Simple integration using provided male and female 1x26 connectors
Compatible boards This shield is compatible with the smaller range mikromedia boards that have a green PCB: This shield also is compatible with clicker 2 microcontroller boards.