The DAISY-11 is a module with eight LEDs. It is part of the modular Daisy System that can be controlled by the FOX Board G20 via the DAISY-1 Adapter, or by the Terra Board.
The Daisy ports that can be used are:
Be sure to get a 0.05" pitch 2x5 IDC cable (FC-19818-10P-FF) to make the connection. The cable is not included.
- D2 or D5 on the DAISY-1 adapter
- D11 or D12 on the Terra Board
If you have the obsolete BeeBoard, you can connect this module to ports W3 or W4. Note that the BeeBoard's I2C is disabled when the module is on W4.
DAISY-11 Programming Examples These Python code examples run on the Fox G20 Board with this module plugged into D2. Some examples also require the DAISY-5 LED board, plugged into Fox Board's D5. You can modify the source code easily to run it on the Terra Board, e.g. with DAISY-11 on D12 and DAISY-5 on D11, or download code examples from the DAISY-5 page which are written for the Terra specifically.
The examples call the ablib Library.
- blink.py makes LED L1 flash.
- sliding.py creates a scrolling effect (view video).
- blink2.py flashes L8 continuously and also lights L1 when DAISY-5 button P1 is pressed (view video).
- blink3.py lights the corresponding LED when DAISY-5 buttons P1 or P2 are pressed, while a counter also runs on the console.
Daisy System LED Module Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item