MOD-BT contains the Philips/NXP BGB203 Bluetooth system-in-package. The module is designed to be plugged into Olimex development boards that feature a UEXT extension connector (see below), thereby adding a Bluetooth serial port to the host system via RS232.
Bluetooth Add-on Module Features
- BGB203 Bluetooth transceiver — combines the Bluetooth RF part, protocol stack, Link Controller (LC), Link Manager (LM), and Host Controller Interface (HCI) firmware of the Bluetooth system specification in one SiP with embedded software. Together with an antenna and a reference clock, this device forms a complete Bluetooth solution.
- Female UEXT connector
- SPI 0-8 MHz interface
- On-board antenna
- Typically powered 3.3V from host via UEXT
- Additional 2.8V radio and 1.8V core power supply holes
- Reset circuit
- 13 MHz quartz crystal connected to BGB203
- Yellow status LED indicating 3.3V power
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), red soldermask, white silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 35.9 × 18.8 mm (1.41 × 0.74")
UEXT Connector The UEXT connector on this board provides a solderless way to connect this module to a system with a microcontroller. There are dozens of microcontroller systems and development boards with UEXT connectors that you can plug this module into. Click on the architectures below for lists of compatible boards:
Bluetooth Add-on Module Resources