The EasyADC add-on board features a Microchip MCP3204 Analog-to-Digital Converter and is used to convert an analog voltage signal into the appropriate 12-bit digital number. The analog voltage is supplied via four separate channels.
The board has a female IDC10 connector to plug it into your host system. It communicates with the host system via SPI. The DIP switches allow you to set which pins are used for MISO, MOSI and SCK, and the user manual explains the settings required for specific MikroElektronika development systems that have matching IDC10 microcontroller port headers. Connection to external analog sources is established through screw terminals.
Use in your own design While this board was created originally for mikroElektronika's development systems, it's certainly possible to use in your own project. To do so, you may want to pick up IDC10 box headers that you can solder onto your PCB, or an EasyTEST board to wire it up easily.
ADC Add-on Module Features
- 12-bit resolution of Analog-to-Digital conversion
- Single supply operation: 2.7V to 5.5V
- 100 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD 5V
- 50 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD 2.7V
- 4 input channels
- Low power consumption (5nA typical standby, 400nA max)
- Communication over SPI interface
- Flexible pin selection using on-board DIP switches
- Ready-to-use examples save development time
- Supported in all mikroElektronika compilers
ADC Add-on Module Resources