EasyBluetooth is an accessory board that features a Roving Networks RN41 fully qualified Bluetooth 2.1/2.0/1.2/1.1 module.
The board has a female IDC10 connector to plug it into a development system. It communicates with the host system via UART. The DIP switch allows you to set which pins are used for RX/TX, and the silkscreen on the back of the PCB explains the settings required for specific mikroElektronika development systems. There also are six pads on the side of the board for direct access to UART pins RX, TX, RTS and CTS.
Use in your own design While this board was created originally for mikroElektronika's development systems, it's certainly possible to use in your own project. To do so, you may want to pick up IDC10 box headers that you can solder onto your PCB, or an EasyTEST board to wire it up easily.
The board receives power from the host system you plug it into. A jumper is used to configure the EasyBluetooth for use with 3.3V or 5V systems.
Bluetooth Add-on Module Features
- Fully qualified Bluetooth 2.1/2.0/1.2/1.1 module
- Low power (30mA connected, less than 10mA sniffmode)
- UART (SPP or HCI) and USB (HCI only) data connection interfaces
- Sustained SPP data rates: 240Kbps (slave), 300Kbps (master)
- HCI data rates: 1.5Mbps sustained, 3.0Mbps burst
- Device is Class 1 high-power radio and can operate up to 100m distance
- Supported in all mikroElektronika compilers
EasyBluetooth User Manual
EasyBluetooth Examples for PIC
EasyBluetooth Examples for PIC24
EasyBluetooth Examples for AVR
RN-41 AT Command Set
Microchip RN41 Page with datasheet and other documentation