This is a a pack of five extra keyfob mini-programmers for use only with the USB version of the AVR Mini-Programmer Starter Kit. These are not compatible with the Parallel Port version Starter Kit.
To load program code into these keyfob mini-programmers, you need the 64KB AVR Keyfob Mini-programmer USB Starter Kit. That kit includes one mini-programmer, so this order page is used when you want to add extra mini-programmers that you can send into the field. If you need a starter kit and several programmers, you should consider the 64KB AVR Keyfob Mini-programmer USB Field Service Pack which includes the USB loader and six keyfob mini-programmers — the same as purchasing one Starter Kit and this five-pack of extra mini-programmers, but at a lower price.
How the Keyfob System Works The keyfob mini-programmer is a very small, portable, battery-powered programmer that can be operated without error by unskilled users.
Once the keyfob mini-programmer is loaded with a program file, EEPROM data file and/or device type and configuration information (using the Starter Kit), it is ready for use. The stored information is transferred with the press of a button to the target device.
As all this information is stored in non-volatile memory, the keyfob mini-programmer can be stored for long periods and used to program microcontrollers in-system continuously.
Each keyfob mini-programmer is loaded from a PC using the keyfob mini-programmer starter kit (see above). You only need one starter kit for as many keyfob mini-programmers as you require.
If you want to change the programs or settings you are using, just plug the keyfob mini-programmer back into the starter kit and load it with the new code and device information. This can be done hundreds of times.
Designing the Keyfob Mini-Programmer Into Your Product
To use a keyfob mini-programmer to configure your product in the field or on the production line, you just need to add an industry-standard 10-pin IDC box ISP header to your circuit.
Keyfob AVR Programmer Features
- Upgrade firmware in the field without an engineering visit
- No need for on-location access to a PC
- Reduces user error virtually to zero
- No expensive programming hardware needed at each location
- Address upgrade or customization problems before they happen, without lots of extra components, design hassles or layout problems
- Simple plug-and-press operation
- Extremely portable
- Keyfob size: 45 × 35 × 15 mm; 1.8 × 1.4 × 0.5 inches
- Keyfob weight: 28 grams; 1 ounce
Device Support Note: This programmer can store 64KB of code maximum. Some of the supported devices listed below have 128KB of Flash. This programmer supports them, but only if your code is no larger than 64KB in size. At the bottom of this page, there is a link to a 256K Hand-Held programmer that fully supports the 128KB devices, as well as larger devices.
All L, P, PA, V, and A variants are supported.
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515, AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny15, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
Not supported: ATmega2560, ATmega2561. For support of these and full support of the 128K devices, use the 256K Hand-Held AVR Programmer Starter Kit instead.