MOTG-GPS is a small pluggable module ideally suited for embedded systems. It incorporates a GPS engine module with an integrated finely tuned Patch-On-Top (POT) ceramic antenna. The module has a wide range of uses such as educational, experimental, or during any development phase where a quick GPS solution is required. It comes in a microSD memory card format which is designed to interface to any embedded platform that has an on-board microSD card slot.
Complete NMEA messages as well as specific information such as Longitude, Latitude, Heading, Time, Date, Speed, and many more features are built into the MOTG-GPS. The module utilizes standard SPI signals and acts as a slave device to the host microcontroller. It offers a simple yet effective command set to any host platform that can communicate via a SPI port. All GPS-related commands are sent using a simple protocol.
The MOTG-GPS device simply plugs into a standard µSD socket for quick assembly and maintenance. Don't need the device permanently, or want to make it optional? Simple; just unplug.
microSD GPS Module Features
- Low-cost pluggable GPS module
- Easy microSD form factor that will plug into any embedded host platform that has a uSD card slot
- SPI interface to the host via microSD
- Comprehensive set of built-in high-level GPS commands
- Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture, MT3329
- Patch Antenna Dimensions: 15 × 15 × 4 mm
- L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
- High Sensitivity: Up to −165dBm tracking, superior urban performance
- Position Accuracy: < 3m CEP (50%) without SA (horizontal)
- Supports up to 210 PRN channels
- Jammer detection and reduction
- Multi-path detection and compensation
- Cold Start: under 35 seconds (Typical)
- Warm Start: under 34 seconds (Typical)
- Hot Start: under 1 second (Typical)
- Supports NMEA0183 V3.01 data protocol
microSD GPS Module Resources
Note: As PC-based SD card adapters do not provide the TTL signals used by the MOTG device, you will need the MOTG Programming Adapter and an RS232- or USB-to-TTL interface to use the PmmC Loader or the GPS Software Test Tool (see options below). In addition, to use the GPS Software Test Tool, you will need first to load this test PmmC file into the MOTG-GPS.
- MOTG-GPS module datasheet
- PmmC File: The GOLDELOX chip used in the MOTG device is a custom controller, and all functionality including the high-level commands are built into the chip. The PmmC file contains the low-level micro-code information (analogous to soft silicon) which defines the characteristics and functionality of the MOTG device. Programming the device with a PmmC file provides a flexible method of customizing as well as upgrading the MOTG with future enhancements. The MOTG module comes with this default PmmC already loaded.
- PmmC Loader Software Tool: This is a Windows-based software tool to program a PmmC file into the MOTG module.
- 4D Embedded GPS Software Test Tool: This is a free software tool to test the functionality of the MOTG device using your PC prior to writing any piece of embedded code for your platform. The Test Software simulates the embedded host controller and provides an easy means of exercising the available commands.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item