Universal In-Circuit Programmer with Logic Analyzer and Pattern Generator Options
Uprog ICP is a flexible and powerful programmer designed for in-circuit programming tasks. Powered through USB, Uprog ICP does not require an external power supply and supports a wide range of integrated circuits: Microcontrollers (8051, PIC, AVR, MSP430, ARM, ST72, etc.), serial EEPROMs & FLASH (I2C, SPI, Microwire, 1-wire), CPLD & FPGA. The target device can be powered by the programmer (5V down to 1.8V). For chips requiring a high programming voltage, the programmer can provide up to 14V. View list of supported devices for this programmer
This unit is more than just a universal chip programmer. Through optional software licenses the Uprog ICP can also be used as a Logic Analyzer and Digital Pattern Generator. The programmer ships with a standard 128kBytes of internal memory, but can be upgraded to up 512kBytes (see add-on options below).
Thanks to a USB 2.0 interface and specialized microprocessor this universal chip programmer achieves short programming times that are close to the chip vendors' maximum ratings. The included PC programming software supports Windows versions 2000 and higher. The software can support multiple Uprog programmers connected to a single PC.
Universal USB In-Circuit Programmer Features
- Designed for In-Circuit Programming tasks
- USB interface — USB 2.0 (HighSpeed and FullSpeed) and USB 1.1 compatible
- USB powered
- Short programming times
- Pin contact check feature
- Ulogic — Uprog based logic analyzer with pattern generator feature (option)
- Multi color status LEDs: power, busy, error, good
- Software for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win7 supports many independent programmers simultaneously
- Compact case: 110mm × 70mm × 25mm
- Optional board with ZIF socket for out-of circuit programming available
In-Circuit Programming Connector (ICP) The Uprog Portable programmer has a built-in interface for in-circuit programming, which allows you to program chips via SPI, I2C, BDM, JTAG, 1 WIRE, 3 WIRE and other interfaces. The serial programming interface was designed to achieve maximum data speed transfers and to allow signal voltage level adjustment for any technology.
In-Circuit Programming Connection Features:
- Adjustable voltage levels (1.2V - 5V)
- Fast data transfers
- Flexible connection between programmer and programmed device
- ICP Interface supports VPP, VCC, GND, CLK, and 6 universal IO pins.
Pin Checking Feature Uprog programmers always check if all programming signal lines make good contact before the start of programming. You can easily see if all signal lines are connected correctly; unconnected signal lines are highlighted with red labels in the PC programming software. Checking for proper connection virtually eliminates any incorrectly programmed or damaged chips.
Optional Ulogic — Digital Signal Analyzer and Pattern Generator
Through an additional software license (see add-on options below) you can upgrade Uprog programmers to a 16-channel, 200MHz Logic Analyzer and 16-channel digital pattern generator. A small adapter board that plugs into the programmer's socket and connects with 16 test probes is included with this upgrade. Combine this option with the 512KB Memory Upgrade option to increase the amount of data you can capture.
Optional ZIF Socket Programming Board for Out-of-Circuit Programming
The programmer can be equipped with an optional board with ZIF socket that allows non-ICP programming of devices in DIL packages.
- Uprog ICP Programmer
- CD-ROM with software
- In-circuit programming cable
- USB cable
- Go to the Uprog ICP Downloads Page to download the Uprog 2 software and Uprog 2 USB driver. If you purchase the optional Logic Analyzer & Pattern Generator license, you'll also need the DAQ 2 software.
Lead time: 1 week if ZIF socket adapter is selected
|ZIF Socket Programming Board:||
Optional Recommended Products for this Item