This programmer is for a range of devices, including PIC microcontrollers, EEPROMs, AVR and other microcontrollers like AT89, plus PLDs and Flash memory. It includes a USB cable for connection to your PC.
View the full list of supported devices (opens in new window).
The programmer is designed using state-of-art hardware architecture with on-board high-speed CPU, RTOS, FPGA, and CPLD. All DIL devices are supported directly with the standard ZIF40 socket.
Manufacturer-approved algorithms, precision and clean signals promise high programming yield. Algorithm waveform is generated by hardware offering 0.01V programming voltage resolution and 1 microsecond timing resolution. Special design was made to eliminate overshoot and ground bounce. Algorithms are performed with state machine architecture constructed with FPGA to achieve a ultra-high programming speed.
Insertion and continuity check are performed before programming to protect devices from damage due to operator error. Over-current and over-voltage protection is enacted to each pin to protect the programmer hardware from damage due to bad chip short circuit and ESD.
VP-290 Universal Programmer Features
- Dimensions: 115 × 79 × 18 mm, Weight: 4.6 ounces
- 40-pin ZIF socket
- USB interface to connect to PC
- Accepts standard file formats: JEDEC, Intel (Extended) Hex, Holtek, EMC (.cds), Intel Hex16, Motorola S Record
- Accepts most compiler outputs in JEDEC format including ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer and ISDATA
- Manages 16- and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Features Test Vector capability and multi-array fuse map editor
- Test TTL/CMOS logic ICs and Dynamic/Static Random Access Memory devices
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Auto identifies manufacturer and type of E(E)PROMs, and TTL/CMOS logic IC
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Supports 1.8V low-voltage devices
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available (supports up to 44 pins)
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
Software Features The software is comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development.
- SELECT device includes package information, adapter type, part number description etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible Verify options, including VCC+/-10%
- Blank check, Erase, Program, verify, Auto Program, buffer edit and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
The programming software can be downloaded for Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit).
Download User Manual for Wellon Programmers
- PROM: N/CMOS E(E)PROM, SeriesE(E)PROM, and FLASH Memory
- PLD: GAL
- Microcontroller: Atmel, Intel, Microchip, etc. IC TEST:
- TTL (74 series), CMOS (40/45 series) Logic ICs
- SRAM (2114, 6116 ...) memory devices
The device support lists linked to above also tell you which socket adapter is required for each different package of a device. The Wellon Package Adapters are available separately.