USB2.0 Full Speed Compliant Isolator USB-ISO is a USB Full-speed USB2.0-compliant port isolator with 1000V isolation voltage. Note that the USB-ISO will not work with low speed (1.5Mbps) USB devices. This device protects your PC computer USB host from overvoltages and ESD shock. It provides 1000V DC isolation, so you can connect your PC to programmers and debuggers that work directly with targets at high voltages like mains power supply, etc.
Even if your target is not connected to high voltage, USB-ISO is additional protection for your valuable computer, laptop, etc.
USB-ISO may work with or without an external power supply. If no external power supply is present, it generates via isolated DC-DC converter 5V isolated voltage for your USB device by taking power from your USB host. If your USB device needs more power than your USB host can provide, there is the external power supply option. You can connect any power supply adapter which provides +8 to +15V DC. The USB-ISO's internal DC-DC will convert it to 5V DC for the USB device. Note that in this case, the external power supply should be isolated, as this DC-DC converter is not isolated and the external power supply will be directly connected to your USB programmer/debugger etc.! Just your PC side will be isolated.
USB Isolator Features
Note that you will need two USB cables to connect a device to your PC: One from the device to the isolator; one from the isolator to the PC.
- USB isolation 1000V DC between USB host and USB device
- USB 2.0 compliant
- Full speed data rate: 12 Mbps
- Bidirectional communication
- Short-circuit protection for xD+ and xD− lines
- Class 3A contact ESD performance per ANSI/ESD STM5.1-2007
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- USB_DEVICE connector: USB-B plug to be connected to the PC USB host
- USB_HOST connector: USB-A jack to be connected to a USB device e.g. JTAG, programmer, debugger etc.
- Power Jack for external power supply with +8-15V DC. Note: This power jack is not isolated from the USB_HOST connector
- DC-DC converter supplies isolated voltage to the USB_DEVICE from the USB_HOST or from external power supply (when connected)
- Dimensions: 41.5 x 36.5 mm (1.634 x 1.437")
Download USB Isolator Datasheet
Optional Recommended Products for this Item