The EM500EV development system provides for convenient testing and evaluation of the EM500 miniature Serial-to-Ethernet Module which is programmable in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C. The board features a standard RJ45 socket with 100BaseT magnetics, LEDs, reset button and a serial port. The kit ships with a 12V, 500mA switching power supply with U.S. plug.
The EM500 is the first of the Tibbo MiniMo series, designed to be mounted vertically and fit behind a standard RJ connector jack.
Miniature Programmable Serial-to-Ethernet Module Features
- Based on a second-generation ASIC (T2000).
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port.
- One serial port (CMOS-level):
- Baudrates of up to 460800bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
- 512KB flash memory for firmware and application.
- 200 bytes of EEPROM space for data storage.
- 8 general-purpose I/O lines (including 2 interrupt lines).
- Control lines for two external dual-function status LEDs.
- Additional control line for a dedicated Ethernet link LED.
- External reset source required.
- Power: 260mA @ 3.3V (100BaseT mode).
- "Vertical slice" construction; dimensions: 18.5 x 16.0 x 6.5mm.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network (including "cold start" firmware uploads through the network).
Miniature Programmable Serial-to-Ethernet Module Programming
- Sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions).
- Net — controls Ethernet port.
- Ser — controls serial port (UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes).
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts.
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM.
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data).
- Pat — "plays" patterns on up to five LED pairs.
- Button — monitors MD line (setup button).
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality.
- Wln — handles WiFi interface (this version of the Evaluation System does not have WiFi; see below).
- Fd — manages Flash memory file system and direct sector access (this version of the Evaluation System does not have the Flash drive; see below).
Function Groups String functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions, and hash calculation functions (md5 and sha1).
Variable Types Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
Miniature Programmable Serial-to-Ethernet Module Documentation Click on the blue book icon to the left of the EM500 line to open individual topics in each online manual.
View a video showing how to turn EM500 into a device server
WiFi and Flash Drive Support If you want WiFi and SPI Flash support, purchase the EM500EV-G instead. It has a larger interface board with a 1MB SPI Flash and a plug-in WiFi module. However, its RS232 interface is limited to RX, TX, CTS, RTS (i.e. does not support DSR and DTR lines).
Optional Recommended Products for this Item