10/100BaseT Ethernet Port Compact size — 52.6 × 38.0 mm Up to 3.5 serial channels RS232 or TTL serial versions available Free serial-over-IP application installed
The EM1202EV is a programmable board designed primarily for serial-over-IP and serial control applications. It comes preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application.
The unique feature of the EM1202EV is its multi-channel serial port. There is a single serial port connector (either 12-pin header or DB9M depending on version; see below) capable of handling four independent serial channels. Have no use for those DSR and DTR lines? Turn them into RX and TX of an additional serial channel. Don't want CTS and RTS either? That's one more channel! In total, there are 15 different configurations or "port mappings" to choose from, starting from a standard single-channel configuration (RX, TX, CTS, RTS, DSR, and DTR) all the way to a 3.5-channel setup (RX, TX, RX2, TX2, RX3, TX3, and RX4).
There are three configurations of the EM1202EV: The "RS" for RS232, the "TM" for TTL Master, and the "TS" for TTL Slave. You can select which version you require by using the drill-down option box at the bottom of this page. The image to the right shows the "RS" configuration.
Serial-over-IP Controller Features
Serial port specifications:
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port.
- Up to 3.5 serial channels on a single connector.
- 1024KB Flash memory for firmware, application, and data.
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage.
- Green and red status LEDs on top of the device. (RS version only)
- Green and red status LEDs on the RJ45 jack.
- Link and speed Ethernet status LEDs on the RJ45 jack.
- Software-controlled onboard PLL to select the clock frequency.
- Power ("RS" and "TM" versions): On-board regulator, 10-24V (12V nominal).
- Power ("TS" version only): Direct 3.3V input (must be regulated to +/- 5%).
- Dimensions: 52.6 × 38 mm.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network.
- Baud rates of up to 921,600bps.
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes.
- 7/8 bits/character modes.
- Optional flow control.
- Flexible mapping with 15 different options from single-channel to 3.5-channel.
For details about the EM1202EV hardware and all the available serial port map settings, see the EM1202EV user manual.
For details about programming the EM1202EV, see the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
View a video of the Serial-over-IP application showing WiFi support.
Three configurations available The EM1202EV-RS has a proper RS232 port (RS232 transceiver IC and DB9M connector), a power jack and the power regulator ("12V"-to-3.3V). There is also a pair of status LEDs on top of the board.
The EM1202EV-TM is different from the "RS" version in that it has a TTL serial port and no status LEDs on top of the board. The port is accessible through a 12-pin connector on the PCB. The power regulator on the board can be used to supply 3.3V power to the attached serial device as well.
The EM1202EV-TS is like the "TM" version but has no "12V"-to-3.3V power regulator. Instead, the attached serial device should provide stabilized 3.3V power to the board.
|Available Models |
(Option name below)
|Status LEDs on top of board ||Yes ||No ||No |
|RS232 transceiver & DB9M connector ||Yes ||No ||No |
|TTL interface connector ||No ||Yes ||Yes |
|Power jack and "12V"-to-3.3V regulator ||Yes ||Yes ||No |
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|